It’s common to see properties that come with spacious front yards today. Regardless of where you plan to settle and the budget you want to spend, it’ll be easy for you to find properties with front yards. And, while common, not all homeowners know how to make the most out of their front yards. Often, they’ll only use this area as a parking space for their vehicle or playground for the kids.
If you want to maximize your front yard, consider hiring pros from reliable online platforms, such as Ifyardbutler.com, and pay for their landscaping services. Contrary to popular belief, landscaping your front yard is not a waste of money. In fact, hiring pros to landscape your front yard is a cost-effective investment because this can provide several benefits.
To drive the point home, here are some reasons why you should definitely landscape your front yard:
- Plants Can Provide Cooler Temperatures
Most homeowners would choose to invest in an HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system for their homes. This technology can improve the air quality indoors because this allows homeowners to easily control the temperature of their homes. But, aside from investing in a high-quality HVAC system, do you know that landscaping your front yard can also affect the temperature inside your home?
Grass, trees, and any other types of plants can also provide cooler temperatures to your property. You’ll be using your HVAC system less often if your property is surrounded by different kinds of plants. The more plants you have around your home, the cooler your home will be. This can make your day-to-day living more comfortable, especially if your home is situated in a humid area.
Here’s how grass and trees can provide cooler temperatures:
- Radiate cooler temperature: Aside from landscaping your front yard, you can also choose to pour cement or asphalt in the area or leave it as is. Although these options will not require any maintenance, these can actually cause stress in the long run because these compounds absorb heat and release it during cooler periods. These characteristics will make your home hotter even during colder months.
You won’t have to worry about this problem when you choose to landscape your front yard. Unlike cement and asphalt, a simple grass lawn can actually radiate cooler temperatures around your home. This means that your home will stay cool even during the summer months. Over time, this can lower your air-conditioning needs, and help you save money on your electricity bills.
- Provide shade: It’s common knowledge that large trees can provide shade during the hottest times of the day, and even during summer months. The ability of trees to provide shade is one of the reasons why you can lower your attic temperature by up to 40%. Trees can also reduce the glare through the windows, making your home a more comfortable place to live in, even when the sun is scorching hot.
- Make outdoor walks more enjoyable: Walking on your sidewalk during a hot summer day can be excruciating. But, do you know that pouring cement or asphalt in your driveway can make the experience worse? As mentioned, cement and asphalt can absorb and release heat, making your property extremely hot.
By landscaping your front yard, you’ll have a different experience walking outdoors. Grass and trees have cooling effects that can lower the overall temperature of urban areas, making your walks outside more pleasant!
Landscaping Is Beneficial For Air And Water
Natural resources are vital for your survival. Regardless of your lifestyle, you need natural resources, such as air and water, to live comfortably. However, because of people’s improper waste management, these natural resources are becoming scarce.
If you’re looking for easy and effective ways to take care of the environment, have pros landscape your front yard as soon as possible. Landscaping is actually very beneficial for air and water because of the following reasons:
- Filters the air: Grass and trees work hard by capturing smoke particles and dust from the air every single day. Plants basically act as filters, so people living around them can enjoy cleaner air. This is especially important if you or your family members have allergies or asthma. Plants can also produce life-giving oxygen, as well as remove carbon dioxide. A single tree planted in your front yard has the ability to remove over 26 pounds of carbon dioxide annually, helping reduce car emissions.
- Provides oxygen: One tree can provide a sufficient supply of oxygen to four people every day. The more trees you have in your front yard, the more oxygen you and your family will regularly have. Oxygen can keep your body healthy as this can fuel your cell and produce different kinds of proteins in the body.
- Protects bodies of water: Storms usually come without warning, and can significantly damage your property and harm your family. Since you can’t predict when exactly storms are coming and how strong they’re going to be, it’s important to look for ways you can minimize their effects on the natural resources. Fortunately, landscaping your front yard can help.
Landscaping can actually act as a buffer that can reduce the flow of pollutants and other sediments in nearby bodies of water. This can help filter out pollution, making water cleaner and potable. Woody plants can also reduce flooding and erosion.
Landscaping Has Many Health Benefits
Regardless of the kind of lifestyle you currently have, you should never disregard your health. It’ll be challenging for you to reap the rewards of your efforts if you’re always sick. How can you enjoy your salary if you’re always spending time in the hospital? Do you think you’ll be motivated to work if your money is mostly spent on your medicines and hospitalization bills?
Taking care of one’s health should be everyone’s priority, and this is something that landscaping can help you with. Landscaping will require long-term commitment as you’ll have to regularly work on the area to ensure that your plants stay healthy all the time.
Although time-consuming at first, landscaping can become a fun activity that can improve your overall health through the following ways:
- Provides therapeutic relief: Looking at and spending time in your landscaped property can provide therapeutic relief. This works because natural sceneries can reduce pain and promote better sleep patterns. According to studies, greeneries can also speed up recovery from disability among seniors, as well as lessen agitation.
- Enhances memory and concentration: It’ll be challenging for you to do more in life if your cognitive abilities are impaired. Aside from maintaining a healthy lifestyle, landscaping can also help enhance your memory and concentration even as you age.
The calming effects of being in a green environment can help you focus better on your tasks and produce more positive results. Studies also support claims that a landscaped space can improve mental cognition and performance.
- Calms weary minds: Stress is a normal part of life, but experiencing too much of it can also take a toll on your overall wellbeing. Chronic stress can cause anxiety, restlessness, and irritability. These symptoms can adversely affect your behavior, causing you to eat more or less than usual, and have angry outbursts.
If you’re looking for ways to relieve yourself from stress, spend some time in a landscaped front yard. The musical rustling of the leaves, chirping of the birds, and a gentle breeze can calm your weary mind. Flowers can also encourage you to have a more positive outlook, making it very easy for you to stay happy. Accomplishing simple landscaping tasks can effectively soothe stress and provide you with contentment and pleasure.
- Helps you get physically fit: Your physique can affect your productivity during the day. You won’t be able to accomplish tasks if your body lacks energy or if you’re too weak. For people who are looking for a fun physical activity, landscaping can be the answer.
After hiring professionals to work on your front yard, you’ll have to regularly look out for weeds and pests, or continually add plants in the area. These activities can be great forms of exercise that can help you get rid of some excess pounds, all while improving your mood. Landscaping tasks can do wonders for your physical health, especially to your hands.
- Great source of vitamin D: Often called the ‘sunshine vitamin,’ vitamin D is important to the body because it helps fight diseases, reduces depression, and boosts weight loss. And, while you can get vitamin D from fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and tuna, spending some time in your front yard to do some landscaping tasks is also a great way to get some vitamin D.
Landscaping Encourages Family Time Outdoors
In today’s digital era, it’s very common to see members of the family spending most of their time in front of their gadgets. Adults would usually respond to emails using their laptops, and children would watch their favorite cartoon shows on their tablets.
And, while these gadgets can boost productivity, relying heavily on these can also adversely affect your health. Excessive use of electronic devices can cause bad posture, backache, pain in wrists, eye strain, and obesity. If you don’t want your family to suffer from the consequences of too much device use, invest in landscaping for your front yard.
When your front yard looks pleasant, your entire household will be encouraged to spend more time outdoors. The appearance of your front yard can become your family’s motivation to put down their gadgets and bask in the beauty of nature. Depending on the age and preferences of your family members, they can choose to run around your front yard, cook some BBQ, or even invite their friends over to have some fun.
Aside from adding trees, shrubs, and other types of plants to your front yard, landscaping also allows you to build an outdoor fire pit for your kids, or create a cozy reading nook for adults. Landscaping your front yard will surely make the area more appealing, functional, and safe, and this kind of environment will surely help your family forget about using their devices too often during the day.
Moreover, it’ll be very easy for you to add new fixtures or place playground equipment if your front yard is landscaped. Having said that, a landscaped front yard will make the space aesthetically pleasing, perfect if you want to highlight, say, an outdoor furniture!
Landscaping Can Increase Your Home’s Value
Your house is an expensive and important investment. More often than not, you spent years working like a horse prior to the purchase, saving a lot of money and maintaining a good credit score. The value of real estate properties generally increases over time, but are you aware that certain renovations or features can even boost its value?
Landscaping your front yard is one of the best investments you can make as this can increase the value of your property. A landscaped property will allow you to add new features to your outdoor space, like a patio or deck, and this is something buyers will truly appreciate if you decide to sell your house in the future. Not all properties come with these features, so if you choose to invest in these gorgeous add-ons, you’ll be making your home more appealing in the real estate market. These can even become the reason why you’ll be able to sell your home fast and at the best price.
Landscaping your front yard can provide a string of benefits, but only if you know how to properly care for it. After the pros have landscaped your front yard, it’s essential that you regularly mow and remove weeds in the area. Pruning, watering, and fertilizing your plants are also necessary to ensure that your front yard looks appealing and healthy all year long.
Besides choosing the best contractors who can landscape your front yard, remember that your efforts in maintaining their work is just as important. The more dedicated you are in doing this, the sooner you can experience its benefits!