Lawn maintenance might sound easy but simply using a lawnmower won’t keep your property as neat as possible. Some corners are not reachable with a standard lawnmower – and this is where the trimmer comes in handy.
With a trimmer, your lawn will be guaranteed a clean look from the center right down to every corner. So, which trimmer should you buy at the retail store?
To help you make the decision, here is a quick rundown of two brands, namely, the Stihl vs Husqvarna trimmer.
The Stihl company always aspires to create such trimmers provide you with freshly cut grass. Lawn mowers need reliable gardening equipment to effectively get rid of bad weeds. After all, it’s not rare for a weed infestation to start at one small patch and spread out.
Stihl trimmers differ in handle types such as length shaft, loop handle, and straight shaft variations. Thanks to the variety of trimmers, you won’t come empty-handed regardless you’re a professional landscaper or a homeowner looking for the perfect lawn trimmer.
Some features a Stihl trimmer has include fuel-efficient engine systems, sturdy construction, swappable cutting heads, and anti-vibration technology.
The company even manufactured its own cutting heads and trimmer blades to ensure that even replacement parts meet the set standards.
If you want a more environmentally-sustainable trimmer, Stihl offers both electric-type and battery-powered variants. These trimmers do not rely on fossil fuels, unlike the typical gasoline-powered models.
Furthermore, they are relatively light, operate quietly, and will readily be activated with just a single touch of a trigger.
Here’s a video from Stihl helping out people choose the right trimmer:
Stihl String Trimmer Models
Thanks to the patented Smart Start, the Husqvarna gas-powered trimmers can get activated with ease. Basically, there’s an automatic return stop switch, which assures a quick start for the next operation.
One feature that you will surely like is how Husqvarna trimmers can operate with the least possible amount of noise. This is evident if you choose a battery-powered line trimmer.
Not only are they quiet because of less vibration, but they are also light and energy efficient due to their 36V Li-ion battery packs.
Getting a battery-powered Husqvarna trimmer will save you a lot of money in operational costs. You don’t have to fill its tank with expensive gas that will add up in the long run. More importantly, there are no emissions whatsoever, which is good for our planet.
Aside from the gas-powered and battery-powered variants, Husqvarna also offers combination trimmers. Just pick among 11 high-quality attachments, a hedge trimmer can turn into a tree pruner, sweeper, pole saw, hedge trimmer, tiller, or even an edger.
The base engine unit of the combination trimmer needn’t be changed. It’s truly a versatile trimmer with all the available attachments.
Read also: How to use a string trimmer properly
Husqvarna String Trimmer Models
- Brushless electric motor with innovative design to deliver high efficiency and maximize run time
- Battery voltage – 36.5 V
- The telescopic shaft to easily adjust the length for a comfortable working position
- Easy storage/transport with telescopic shaft
- Ideal for cutting lawn edges or smaller areas of higher grass
- 2-year Warranty
- 14 inch Cutting Swath accomplish a lot in a short amount of time
Husqvarna 128LD 17″ Cutting Path Detachable Gas String Trimmer
- 28cc 2-cycle engine
- 17 inch cutting width trimmer head
- Runs on a mixture of unleaded gas and 2-cycle oil (bottle included with mixing instructions)
- Tap ‘N Go line release feature. Easy to release line
- Simple and easy line reloading
- Translucent fuel tank, for easy fuel monitoring
- This edger keeps your lawn, pathways and flower beds neat and tidy
- 2-year limited warranty for residential use
Husqvarna 129C 17″ Cutting Path Gas String Trimmer
- 27. 6cc 2-cycle engine
- 17 inch cutting width trimmer head
- The curved shaft evenly distributes the weight of the trimmer. Greater comfort for when using for long periods of time
- Runs on a mixture of 2-cycle oil and unleaded gas. Mixing bottle and instructions included
- Tap ‘N Go line release feature. Simply tap the trimmer head against to activate new line
- Simple and easy line reloading design
- 2-year limited residential use warranty
- 2-Stroke Engine
Husqvarna 324L 4-Cycle 18″ Cutting Path Gas String Trimmer
- 25cc 4-cycle engine
- 18 inch cutting width trimmer head
- Trimmer engine runs on unleaded gas, No mixing of fuel and oil required
- Tap ‘N Go line release feature
- String trimmer 2-year limited warranty for residential use
- 4-Stroke engine
Now, let’s take a look at the performance of two actual products from Stihl and from Husqvarna, namely, the Stihl FS 56 RC-E Trimmer and the Husqvarna Straight Shaft 4-Stroke Gas String Trimmer.
First, the Stihl trimmer model has sufficient power to go through sections of the lawn packed with heavy grass. The motor starts quickly and the overall build seems sturdy.
If there are any problems, each owner can utilize the two-year warranty. Some issues with the Stihl FS 56 RC-E Trimmer are that it feels quite heavy to hold and the Tap Action bump head isn’t particularly impressive.
On the other hand, the Husqvarna trimmer model has a four-stroke engine system. This is more powerful compared to a two-stroke engine system.
However, the Husqvarna Straight Shaft 4-Stroke Gas String Trimmer couldn’t help but slow down as it tried to cut grass as tall as 16 inches. It wasn’t as fuel-efficient as expected.
As you can see, both Stihl and Husqvarna have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages. Each company provides gas-powered and battery-powered models to suit your needs.
If you have any queries, do give us a comment.