And how often to pour
June 25, 2020
Your lawn is one of the first things people notice when you come to your home, and a green, lush garden is something you are proud of. If you go into the heat of summer, it may be time to pay more attention to your lawn and start a proper watering plan to keep it alive. Did you know that there are ways to water your grass that are better than others? Find the best time of day to water your grass and other watering tips.
Best time of day to water grass
Believe it or not, night watering isn't the best watering option. Although your soil will have time to absorb the water without it evaporating first, if you sit on your blades of grass for too long it can attract pests or cause fungal or mold-related lawn diseases. Most experts agree that watering your lawn in the morning is ideal.
Other irrigation tips
For green grass, a long soak once or twice a week is more beneficial than daily watering at the surface level. Summer heat and sunlight can cause your lawn to need more water, so you may need to add an extra day in the hottest weeks of the year.
Sprinklers and drip hoses are a popular lawn irrigation technique because you can adjust them and continue your day. There are a few types of sprinklers, but what you buy ultimately depends on the size of your lawn.
- Drip hose: Drip hoses, also known as soakers, have tiny little holes. So when placed around the lawn, they give a slow, steady stream of water to the ground.
- Oscillating sprinkler at the end of the hose: These are ideal for small to medium-sized lawns and release water in a rectangular area.
- Floor sprinkler: These sprinklers are irrigated via an underground pipe system close to the ground, minimize water loss and prevent evaporation.
- Rotation, jet spray and impact sprinklers: Apply an even spray in a slow stream with low water pressure. Ideal for medium to large lawns.
- Smart timers: These irrigation systems know when your lawn needs to be watered based on local rainfall and temperatures.
- Stationary sprinkler system: These sprinklers are ideal for small plots and are suitable for a specific spot on your lawn that needs a little more love.
Get your lawn green with Green Lawn Fertilizing.
We offer a Green Lawn program to make your lawn as healthy as possible. Call us today 888-581-5296 for more informations.